Browser extension created by google for Chrome and Edge that allows for linking to arbitrary text on a page.
This extension allows for easily creating a special link to the currently selected text on a page via the context menu. When opening such a special link, a compatible browser will scroll the selected text into view and highlight it.
• Select the text that you want to link.
• Right-click. choose "Copy Link to Selected Text" from the context menu.
• If the link creation succeeded, the selected text will be briefly highlighted in yellow.
• Paste your link wherever you want to share it.
• 💡 Pro-tip: you can assign a keyboard shortcut to the copy action!
For more information, see the Text Fragments specification (https://wicg.github.io/scroll-to-text-fragment/) where this feature is described.
Here's what a few people have to say about it:
"OMG! This is a timesaver! I don't have to continue explaining "where" or "what paragraph" for information I am sharing! Thank You! 😇😍👍🏾" - Monica
"This is brilliant! The extension itself, and linking to specific text. How did we live earlier without this capability?" Sushuruth S.