During this particular Q&A session, we discussed the features of the Action Board, how they help you navigate your donor relationships, and the specific purpose of various functions. If you haven't taken the time to explore the action board yet, I encourage you to become familiar with it and use its features to your advantage, as a lot can be accomplished from a single screen!
The Action Board is driven by fundraising best practices and methodology to ensure you are focused on the right things at the right time. It is the hub that shows you who needs engagement, how to engage them, and when.
In the board you will see two sections:
Includes a list of activities that you created for yourself, someone else has created for you or you have identified as a task that needs to be completed from the suggestions area
Includes system created nudges that suggest you reach out to a donor for a number of reasons, which can be created in any one of the following scenarios:
Generated suggestions that are created by the system if you haven’t engaged with a donor within 30 days or more. No more than 5 of these daily tasks will show in the suggestions on any given day.
When setting up your organization's settings, you are able to define what your organization considers a major gift. The default value is $1,000.00, but you can configure this field to match the way your organization operates.
A spike-up gift is one that is out of the ordinary for a donor. For example, if a donor's average gift is $50 and they then give a donation of $350, that would be a spike-up. A spike-up gift is a great opportunity to reach out to a donor and learn more about what drove them to give more than they normally do. Did something change with their personal circumstances? Did something your nonprofit did resonate with them? You can set the amount over their average gift that triggers the spike-up gift notification in your Settings area. The default value is $100.00.
As the name suggests, this is a nudge to engage with a donor when they give their very first gift to your nonprofit. This deserves an individual engagement activity.
Perhaps even more important to your organization than a first gift, the second gift is significant as it moves a donor from a one-time giver, to a retained donor. This is a big deal, and deserves an engagement touch-point from your organization. You will receive a nudge on the Action Board for every second gift.
Donor’s that have moved from an archived to activated status.
Donor moving toward inactivity
Pledge payment reminders
When a donor payment for the pledged amount is coming due.
- Complete - Choose this once you have completed the activity and it will show in the contact’s activity history and show as a completed task on your action board timeline for the day.
- Ignore - Choosing ignore will remove this task from your action board and will not show in the completed activity timeline or in the donor’s history.
- Assign - When assigning a task to a different user, it will show up on that user's action board in their To-Do’s the next time they navigate there and will also send them an email notification of this assignment.
- Snooze - You can choose to snooze a task if you wish to address it later. You can snooze for a day, week or month. It will move that task to the bottom of the action board until the snooze time is up or you wake up the task, bringing it back to your To-Do’s.
- Create - You can create a To-Do item for yourself or someone else by adding an activity and assigning an owner. Once created the activity will show in on the owner’s action board and in the donor’s activity history.
Same options as To-Do
Shows reasons as to why you should reach out to this donor.
Choose this to review system suggestions for how you should engage with the donor. This will either complete the activity or allow you to create a task moving this suggestion to your to-do board.
Customizing Major and Spike-Up Gifts
- Go to your Initials and access the Settings
- Scroll to the gift area
- Update the Major Gift Amount to align with your what your organization would consider a major gift
- Update the Spike-up Amount to what you would identify as a considerable increase from a regular donation
- Save your setting update
- Once the setting are saved, the system will generate suggestions based on these new customizations